Wednesday 18 August 2010

BOOKS/READING: NoLogo


From doing abit of research on the empty billboards of Sao Paulo it reminded me of the book NoLogo, written by Naomi Klein. I read this as I began to become interested in the effect of branding and globalization. The book, I found was abit too negative for my liking, I found it hard to 'want to keep' reading as the views felt abit force fed instead of me coming to my own conclusion. However I did find some of the information really interesting and it did open my eyes to what branding has caused and created over the years. I was then able to use extracts of the book in an essay wrote shortly after, where I was able to compare the writing styles and content of the book, which further allowed me to understand the angle the book was written from and really breakdown the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment