Monday 19 April 2010

Photographic Narrative (Einstein's Dreams)


As part of a new brief we have each been given a chapter from 'Einstein's Dreams' which is not so much a novel but a collection of dreams he had questioning and exploring the concept of time. Each chapter looks at time from a different angle and we have been asked to breakdown our chapter and create 8 photographs that capture the essence of his dream. My passage looks at the effect time has on the present and that past and future is only relevant to time. It also talks about actions make in the present as impulse and talks about them holding no consequence on the future. etc etc. confusing stuff. I'm not the biggest fan of photography work so I can see myself struggling with this brief. I do however find my paragraph very interesting and a few of the other ones I have read. As soon as i was given this brief i instantly thought of Salvador Dali's 'The Persistence of Memory' which was again based on a dream and challenges the concept of time with the melting clocks that are thought to symbolise the irrelevance of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment